The Mediplast Group is committed handle personal data in the correct manner, and we work actively to safeguard your privacy. This policy is based on current data protection legislation and clarifies the way we work in order to protect your rights and privacy. The objective of this policy is to inform you about how we process your personal data, how we handle it, who may gain access to it and under what circumstance and in what ways you can protect your rights.
Personal data which can be processed
Personal data refers to information about an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is someone who can be identified either directly or indirectly by a name, personal identity number, location data, an IP address or one or more factors which are specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, psychological, financial, cultural or social identify of the natural person.
We process personal data when there are legal grounds to do so, in order to fulfil contracts or obligations to you or when you have given your consent. If you are one of our customers, we require your personal data in order to provide ordered products, process payment of products ordered for private individuals and offer services relating to marketing, follow-up and information. We may also require your personal data in order to comply with laws, prevent abuse of our services and perform customer and market analyses.
Our intention is not to use personal data for purposes other than those intended. You are entitled to object to the use of your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing. When we collect personal data about you for the first time, you will receive more details about this and how you can oppose this.
Access to personal data
We gain access to your personal data when you provide it to us or when we collect it.
Data you can provide yourself: Information we receive when you contact us, apply for employment with us, visit us or otherwise interact with us, for example, by enrolling on a course or signing up for a newsletter.
Data which is gathered as appropriate: Data which is registered when you visit our website, data from official registers and data from customer satisfaction surveys.
Personal data which is processed with your consent
In order to provide services to our customers such as newsletters and e-commerce, we require your personal data. When gathering your personal data, we try as far as far as possible to obtain your consent before processing it wherever possible.
You are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time. In this case, we will no longer process your personal data, or obtain new data, provided it is not required in order to meet our statutory or contractual obligations. It should be noted that withdrawal of consent may result in us being unable to fulfil our obligations to you.
Cookies are files which websites or service providers send to your computer’s hard disk via the browser (if you give your consent), which enable the website to recognise your browser and retrieve and remember certain information.
You can also choose to turn off cookies and/or delete cookies saved in your web browser.
The third parties below store the following cookies on our websites:
- Google Analytics (provided by Google Inc.), which makes it possible for us to (i) perform statistical analysis on the number of visitors, for example, and (ii) enhance the usability of the website, for example, to carry out measurement of traffic to the site.
- A Content Management System (provided by Typo3) which displays information consistently across every page based on the users’ preferences and website activities, such as language choices. The information collected by this cookie is stored for the duration of the session in the computer’s memory by a third party, Typo3.
- Addthis (provided by AddThis, Inc.) in order to make it possible for visitors to our website to use social media functionality such as sharing, sending or recommending pages to others.
Processing of personal data
Our IT security systems have been developed with your privacy in mind, providing a high degree of protection against breaches, deletion and other changes which may constitute a risk to your privacy.
We exercise procedures and working methods to ensure your personal data is processed in a secure manner. Our intention is that only our employees and other individuals within the organisation who require personal data in order to carry out their working tasks shall have access to it.
Special procedures have been instituted in relation to processing of sensitive personal data whereby a limited number of employees have access to this information.
We will not transfer your personal data for purposes other than those explicitly specified in this policy. Our intention is not to disclose your personal data to third parties where you have not given your consent, or it is not necessary to fulfil our statutory or contractual obligations. In cases where we disclose personal data to third parties, we will ensure such data is processed in an appropriate manner.
Storage of personal data
We will store your personal data for the period specified under current legislation and in accordance with what is required in order to fulfil our agreement with you.
In your capacity as a registered person, you have a number of rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
- You are entitled to request access to the personal data which is about you and is processed by us. This is also called the right to obtain an extract from the register. Such an extract may be requested free of charge once a year. This means you are entitled to obtain a summary of the personal data which Mediplast processes and that refers to you.
- You are entitled to request the correction of data which is inaccurate.
- You are entitled to ask for your personal data to be deleted, for example, if Mediplast processes data erroneously and if there are no legal grounds to do so.
- You are entitled to file a request for data portability, and request that Mediplast limit the processing of your personal data.
- You are entitled to object to the processing of your personal data.
- You are entitled to lodge complaints relating to our processing of your personal data to the Swedish Data Protection Authority.
Responsibility and amendment
As the Controller of Personal Data, Mediplast AB (corporate ID no. 556140-9011) is responsible for how your personal data is processed and ensuring your rights are protected.
We reserve the right to update or amend this policy at any time, and it is recommended to visit this website frequently to obtain the latest version.